Deco M9 Plus and Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-22 17:34:19
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a Deco M9 Plus which I have connected to a Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X as I need more wired ports in my home. Currently the EdgeRouter X is using a different private LAN IP address range than the Deco M9 Plus. Everything is working great right now. My question is -- if I disable the DHCP and run the Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X in bridge mode will I be able to see all wireless/wireline devices in my network in the Deco app or web portal? I really like the ability to manage the Deco M9 Plus through the app or the web portal. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Plus and Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X
2021-03-24 22:25:44

@CappuccinoKid 

If the Deco served as your main router, then anything wired to any of the satellite nodes would be seen on the network or on the app with the exception of devices that have a self-assigned static IP. You could set those to DHCP, and then reserve the IP in the Deco for them to be seen. One thing to note is that managing the router will only be done through the app. If you log in through the GUI, it is mostly read-only information that you get.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 977

Replies: 1

Related Articles