Connectivity for the Deco x60

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-14 04:16:42
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.5 Build 20201013 Rel. 64247

Hi,

I have the 3 nodes setup, but some of the devices seem to be connecting to a node that is further away.
For example the wireless printer is connected to the node in the basement (3 floors away) but there is a node in the same room as the printer (I even used that node temporarily hardwired to setup the wireless print server on the machine)

Another weird example is that a wired device connected to node A, is erroneously showing has being hard wired to Node B.

My question is, how can I get the devices, to pick the closer node for their connectivity.

Regads,

WES

Options
2 Reply
Re:Connectivity for the Deco x60
2020-11-16 18:54:02

@W.E.S. 

The Deco will recommend which node to connect to based on the k/v/r protocols, in which the device itself makes the final decision. If the device does not seem to be switching you can try disabling the Wi-Fi or rebooting it which should grab the closest node. 

As far as the wired device appearing on a different node, were the MAC addresses on the Deco nodes compared to make sure the Deco names weren't swapped?

Options
Re:Connectivity for the Deco x60
2020-11-18 04:04:19

@Tony 

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

I did try rebooting the main router to see if devices would reconnect to a different node.

They reconnected to the same nodes again.

I will need to check the wired device to see if it's connected the node I expected.

(This setup is at my paren'ts house)

WES

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 890

Replies: 2

Related Articles