Does Wi-fi 6 Mesh has longer range

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-31 16:28:12
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I've read in internet, that Mesh in Wi-FI 6 will have longer range compared to Wi-Fi 5?

Is that statement true ?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Does Wi-fi 6 Mesh has longer range
2020-11-02 22:34:09

@Boriy 

Not really.  Range is more based on the Antenna Gain and power.  WiFi 6 has several features with improves reception and reduces interference as well as features that allow more devices to communicate at one time. Also the range you see will be different than what the next person sees because every network enviroment is different.  

Options
2020-11-04 07:58:42

@Carl 

Hi,

I was referring to this one:

I says like, since wi-fi 6 has faster speed, you can put one mesh to another further away from each other.

Options
2020-11-05 01:31:15

@Boriy 

I am not familiar with that site but his reasoning makes no sense.  "Because of faster speeds you can place the hardware units significantly further away from one another."  Doesn't make any sense at all.  faster speeds do not equate greater distance in placement of the nodes.  Placement is dependent of factors such as hardware, interference, congestion, materials in the walls and coverage area.  Speed can be affected on a client device form distance from a node but greater speed capabilities do not mean nodes can be placed further 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 513

Replies: 3

Related Articles