Force slave to slave backhaul, instead of slave to main

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-19 15:38:35
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.2

I live in a long, rectangular house - so I have the 3 Deco's setup with the main at one end (where cable comes in), one slave in the middle (connected via ethernet), and another slave right at the end, connected by WiFi.

The "middle" slave deco, I can confirm (via the app) is connected via ethernet to the "main" deco.

The "end" slave says it's signal source is the "main" deco. The app doesn't tell me the signal strength, but the little WiFi graphic maybe looks like 2 out 3 for signal strength?

I am assuming currently there isn't a way of forcing the "end" deco to instead use the "middle" deco (which I imagine would have a lot stronger signal, plus ethernet backhaul?

If not, I would love a way of "forcing" this selection as a feature request in a future upgrade, or at least an way of making the "end" deco choose the "middle" slave, rather than the "main" deco.

Thanks, hope this question makes sense.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Force slave to slave backhaul, instead of slave to main
2020-09-24 22:24:14

@crizthebard 

Thank you for your suggestion.

What the Deco does it evaluate what is available and chooses the best option, but what you make sense too as actually being able to test it would help.

I will make sure to forward this feature request for consideration.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 767

Replies: 1

Related Articles