Archer A20 V1, IPv6 support.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer A20 V1, IPv6 support.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
13 Reply
Re:Archer A20 V1, IPv6 support.
2020-09-23 20:36:45

@IrvSp 

Thank you for the update.

I didn't think about the modem when it came to the DNS server names, I assumed they would just pass through.

Options
2020-09-23 21:55:10

@Tony 

Well, it hasn't gotten better. I decided to switch out the modem to see. Went down to the Spectrum store and the only thing they could give me was the similar Arris Modem/Router combo. Router function would disable itself when connected as I did not contract for wireless with them and the modem would be in Bridge mode.

Well, I stall can't get the DNS IP Addresses. What is worse, a friend has the same modem/router and a LinkSys EA7500 as his router. He gets the correct DNS's. He's had that combo for a few years.

I now suspect a Spectrum issue? I've seen at least 2 posting on another forum of not being able to get V6 working.

Spectrum is willing to send out a tech, but I'd have to pay for the service call if it is not a problem with their hardware... no guarantee they wouldn't decide it that it was my problem.

I may just stick with specifing the Public V6 IP Addresses and be done with it?

Options
2020-09-24 20:33:01 - last edited 2020-09-24 20:33:52

@IrvSp 

I would say yes for the fact that it may not look like you have the IPv6 DNS servers, but you are at least able to verify that there are some being used.

If you didn't even have Googles DNS then I would continue to follow up with support if I was in your situation, as not having any sort of DNS would be a nightmare.

Options
Related Articles