Trouble getting devices connected to two different routers to talk to each other

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Trouble getting devices connected to two different routers to talk to each other

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-12 02:47:56
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have an Archer A7 and an Archer C80, both connected to a Verizon Router.

They are not an access point mode as I'm testing the router functionality.

To avoid potential conflicts, I have the A7 on the 192.168.0.x network and the C80 on 192.168.2.x

The Verizon router provides Internet connectivity and any client connected to either one of those Archers has internet with no issues.

My problem is I can't get devices connected to the A7 to talk to devices connected to the C80, and vice versa.

Is there a setting I'm missing or maybe it can't be done?

Thank you.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Trouble getting devices connected to two different routers to talk to each other
2020-05-12 11:28:44
I do not think that would work with both routers set up in router mode unless you were to treat it like you were going to link from outside of your network such as remote desktop.
Options
Re:Trouble getting devices connected to two different routers to talk to each other
2020-05-12 20:49:19

@yhbrooklyn 

I would go with the set up that involves setting a static IP address on both routers that is on the same subnet of the main router, then disabling the DHCP on both Archer routers. You then run the Ethernet cable from the main router to the LAN port of each Archer router. Any device connected to any AP will be able to talk to each other.

Options