Worst router ever made!!!

Monday
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.11 Build 20240724

Let me start off by saying, the TPLink Deco XE75 Pro mesh router has got to be the WORST, the ABSOLUTE WORST router I have ever experienced. In this day and age, routers should have matured enough to the point that you can essentially plug them in and forget about them. In fact, TPLink ironically advertises this point at the top of their forums page "TP-Link Deco is a whole-home Wi-Fi mesh solution providing seamless Wi-Fi coverage for your house." However, this router is NOT seamless in any way.

I am on the latest firmware for the router and I have had NOTHING but problems with this router. I have 5 Decos configured in router mode. My network is slower and less reliable than the 7 year old router that I replaced. This router promises a lot, but delivers on NONE of it.

Here is a breakdown on the issues I constantly experience with this router: 

• Constant timeouts and instability of connections!
  • High ping times!
  • When a device starts up or wakes from sleep, it takes forever to re-connect to the router!
  • The IoT network is a joke and you won't be able to access any device that is on the IoT network.
  • I can be sitting in the same room as a router and it will still connect me to a router in a room further away!!
  • Why do I get a notification that a new device was added to my primary network SSID when they actually connected to my guest network SSID?
  • Since the latest update, I no longer can find the backhaul option in the app??

Regular router reboots don't help!
Optimizing network does not help!

Re-arranging routers in the house does not help!

Adjusting Fast Roaming and Beamforming does not help!

From what I've seen, forget trying to get any helpful advice in the TPLink forums from TPLink support employees. TPLink should be grateful for the helpful volunteers that do take the time to offer helpful suggestions.

For the money TPLink charges for these routers, people shouldn't have to contend with these type of issues!!! I've seen MANY posts from other users about the same issues I am experiencing and no viable solutions ever seem to be provided.

What a colossal waste of money for these routers!! Fortunately, social media can be impactful these days, I will certainly let other folks know of my experience and thoughts on TPLink routers and what a disastrous experience they can expect if they decide to purchase them!

Hope others see this before wasting their money on this junk!!!!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Worst router ever made!!!
Monday

@NeverAgain I'm sorry to read of your frustration.  Do you have 5 of the units each set up as router?  Or maybe one router and the rest nodes, (I hope)?

Options
Re:Worst router ever made!!!
Yesterday

@jzchen Thank you for your reply!

I've got one unit configured as router which is connected directly to my modem and the other 4 Deco units are serving as nodes.

Options