Still Need Help - AX 21 Possible Failure

a week ago
Model: Archer AX21  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 4.6

Hello Community,

I posted a request for HELP titled "Possible Failure of AX21 Wifi 6 router" October 9,2024 I believe.   I got an explanation of front router lights and another comment from  terziyski LV7  the same day.  (Thanks terziyski.)  I just tried to go back in the response to look at his information to compare against  the condition of my non-functioning AX21. I  can't find my initial ask for help. I can't see terziyski's response.    I'll repeat it here hoping terziyski will reply with a repeat of his/her response. 

I think my 6 month old router is no longer working.  I would like to fix it so I can use it.  Otherwise , I would like to replace it under warranty.

Here is a partial repeat of what my request said with additional comments of my current problem...

" I have a AX21 router that no longer connect.  I originally used it as an access point to extend my coverage.

The AX21 worked for about 3-4 months and just overnight would not allow any connections. 

I had it working as an AP connected via Ethernet 5 cat cable through a switch from another AX21 upstairs as my main router.  DNS( which I should have said DHCP) was disabled on the failed AX21 router.  

The failed AX21 despite many times to factory reset, will not allow connection to the Management center on the router.  Now only the 1st 3 lights from the left side of the router light up.  The full explanation of all the lights on the AX21 was extremely helpful. 

I used the command function of Win10 to run ipconfig to see the response of the router.  Ipconfig says “media disconnected” despite being connected between the computer and router.  I have tried different computers, different cable, over different time periods and still I get this response.  For a brief time, it seemed to let me in the router Management center VIA WIFI on my phone. I communicated with the chat communication on the TP-Link website for help.  In that communication, I was asked if I was able to get into the Management center via my phone.  I tried that.  My phone seemed to let me in.  I shared that with "chat".  As soon as I stated that, the chat disconnected and made other comments.    I continued to make changes in the Management center to set up the router again.  When I existed, reconnected via Ethernet to my switch for internet service, the router lights would light up the same as in the failed state – the 1st three from the left only , and I can not connect to the router via Ethernet cable, or now that one and only connection via my phone now has stopped working, again I sill don’t have a working router. “

I trust someone will be able to help me fix this router, or suggest a process I can follow with TP –Link to get the AX21 router replaced under warranty. The information on the identification of the lights was helpful.  However after trying again this afternoon it still has not resolved my problem.  My AX21 does not connect and I can't get into the Management center on the router.  

My special thanks for everyone who took the time to help.

Teelnkr

Options
1 Reply
Re:Still Need Help - AX 21 Possible Failure
a week ago

@Teelnkr 

Here's your initial post. It's in the global english community. In my post I mentioned how to contact your local support.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 73

Replies: 1

Related Articles