Votes

FR: Adjust Deco transmit power

Votes

a week ago - last edited a week ago

Hello team!

I'd like to request a feature that allows users to adjust the Deco's transmission power. It would be nice to have a drop-down menu to select, for example, 0%, 25%, 50%, 75%, 100% Tx power. This feature would allow users to better manage their home networks. In medium-sized locations, users could improve coverage by setting multiple Decos to 50% power. Additionally, if two Decos are placed too close together, reducing one to 0% can prevent interference.

If requested, I can share my layout and why I'm interested in having 0% as an option. Having options starting at 25% and increasing in 25% increments would be a good start.

Thanks!

Options
6 Reply
Re:FR: Adjust Deco transmit power

@Wally1713 

I discussed this concept with one of the senior engineers I have been collaborating with to address various issues, and this was his response.

"No going to be available in the near future. This greatly affects backhaul performance and coverage, Deco mesh is not like Routers."

You may experience a delay in receiving this unless there is significant demand for it to be prioritized.

Need help with the Deco app, setup, Ethernet backhaul, network switch or rolling back firmware? https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/699816?page=1
Options

@Wally1713 I understood Deco is using Beamforming, another method to reduce interference.

Options
Saturday

@HelpFixDecoApp 

Understandable!

If so, they'll probably need to first add the option to disable wireless backhaul when ethernet is connected. Once that's done, I can request the ability to edit transmit power.

Thanks! smiley

Options
Saturday

@yves_b 

But that only affects connected devices, right? Wouldn't the broadcast range (for example, when connecting a new device from outside my house) still be at full "100%" power? Or it does not work like that?

Thank you!

Options
Saturday

@Wally1713 

I would expect that is likely their approach; however, it is possible they could develop a solution that allows for both wireless backhaul and adjustable transmit power simultaneously. 

My assumption is that implementing the latter would necessitate enhanced hardware in the Deco units to achieve this, but this is merely speculation on my part.

Regarding beamfoaming, as long as your device is compatible with this feature, it should be able to operate at full power.

Need help with the Deco app, setup, Ethernet backhaul, network switch or rolling back firmware? https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/699816?page=1
Options
Sunday

@Wally1713 An AP sends 10 frames per second, to allow being discovered by devices.  I expect, indeed, those frames to be transmitted in all directions at full power. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 117

Replies: 6

Voters 1