Ethernet backhaul started to cause problems

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Deco BE11000   Deco XE5300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: XE: 1.2.0 BE: 1.0.6

I have several networks, I have included the deco models for two different networks.... each network only as 1 model of Deco - each has 3 nodes.

When I set them up they had ethernet backhaul from the primary units to the satalite units

One has no switches [direct connect] between primary and satalite, one has a switch connected to primary that also includes things like security cameras. [The modem/router from the cable company is plugged directly into the DECO port 1]

BOTH NETWORKS WERE WORKING PERFECTLY WELL UP UNTIL A MONTH OR TWO AGO.

-------then------

WIFI objects (smart switches etc) started falling off the network. if I did a reset they sometimes wouldn't even see the correct network SSIDs of the network. [2.4GHz smart home devices]

IF I remove the ethernet backhaul everything works perfectly. If I put the ethernet backhaul back on I get the same symptoms in a few hours.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Was this caused by a firmware update?

Is it just me?

[EDIT PS] Both network are using wireless backhaul now, the satalites just used the wireless default instead of wired

Options
3 Reply
Re:Ethernet backhaul started to cause problems
a week ago

@Spandox 

You observe that on several meshes with several models of Deco?

I would try setting up an IoT wifi network on the Deco, perhaps with only 2.4, or with reduced security, and connect the smart devices on that wifi network.

Options
a week ago

@yves_b That may mask the problem for those devices,  but doesn't address the root causes, and doesn't prevent it from affecting other things.

Options
a week ago

@Spandox 

Similar issues....spontaneously causing DECO system crashes.  Remove backhaul...all good.

Need to reboot modem and switch....but sometimes wont allow more than 3 backhaul + Main devices..wandering on the 3 backhaul units it chooses.

Fiberoptic Modem>>>Main BE 110000>>>New TP LINK 10G 5 Port Switch>>>3 BE11000 + 1 X95

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 123

Replies: 3

Related Articles