Deco UDP problem

Deco UDP problem

Deco UDP problem
Deco UDP problem
Monday
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0

My new Deco system is running perfectly, able to connect to WIFI and wired devices.  I have a specific device (a radio unit) which has ethernet which is connected into the mesh and I can see that device as a client in the iPhone app.and have access to it's web interface.  The device is designed to send data via UDP to a dedicated server computer and software on the server receives that data.  This requires IP addresses and port assignments for the radio and the server computer to be set manhally in both ends.  The problem is that no data is flowing.  This all worked fine with my ASUS router prior to moving to the Deco. I'm using DHCP with a fixed address reservation for both units.

Is it necessary to set up something in the Deco to acommodate UDP, or is it even possible?

Thanks for any ideas/help, Paul

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco UDP problem
Monday

@paullpaul I should mention that my app version is 3.8.24 and the radio is wired into an ethernet hub and into the main Deco.

Options
Yesterday

@paullpaul 

See if this helps you out 

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1797/

Need help with the Deco app, setup, Ethernet backhaul, network switch or rolling back firmware? https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/699816?page=1
Options
Yesterday

@HelpFixDecoApp   Thanks for the reply.   I did see that articcle, but I didn't see that I needed to make the port "external".  The radio is internal to the LAN and the PC which it is trying to UDP with is also internal to the LAN.  Whyt do I need to forward the ports?  Am I interpreting this wrong?  I appreciate your help.

Options
22 hours ago

@paullpaul 

You have a radio unit connect by Ethernet to a Deco.

You see that device as a client in the iPhone Deco app.

From where do you have access to the web interface of the radio device?

Where is the dedicated server computer receiving data via UDP from the radio unit?

Does the fixed address reservation work, do the unit and computer receive the expected IP address?

Can the computer ping the radio unit?  Do you see the radio unit in the arp table of the computer?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 71

Replies: 4

Related Articles