Can an RE315 Range Extender use OneMesh/EasyMesh to extend Main network's 2.4GHz & the Guest 5GHz?

Can an RE315 Range Extender use OneMesh/EasyMesh to extend Main network's 2.4GHz & the Guest 5GHz?

Sunday
Tags: #OneMesh #EasyMesh #Extenders
Model: RE315  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Simple question:

I have an RE315 range extender. I want to use it in OneMesh (or EasyMesh ) configuration, and extend one band (e.g. 2.4 GHz) from the main network and the other band (5 GHz) from the guest network.

It lets me set the above configuration if I first turn OneMesh off, but when I turn OneMesh on again, it automatically changes and sets itself to extend only the Main network's 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands (not one from the Guest network).

Is it possible to do what I need? If so, how should it be setup to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can an RE315 Range Extender use OneMesh/EasyMesh to extend Main network's 2.4GHz & the Guest 5GHz?
9 hours ago

@HelpingOne 

When used in Onemesh / Easymesh setup the RE can't extend the guest or IoT network of the main router.

To be able to extend the guest network the mesh feature should be turned off, i.e. using the RE315 as a regular RE.

This would explain the behavior you've described initially.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options