How to create a mesh

How to create a mesh

How to create a mesh
How to create a mesh
Friday

I have a non TP link modem, and i purchased 3 TP link AC 750extenders , when trying to set up a mesh using the target app it keep creating each extender as a separated network however the main reason I purchased this item is because it was advertised as one WiFi name, can someone direct me on how to create this?

and also how far can I place the extender from the router? and does every extender have to be at that distance from the router?

for example let's say that the extender can be placed 50 ft from the router, can I place an extender let's say 35ft from the router and a second extender 35 ft from

the middle point extender but 70ft from

the router since I'm creating a mesh? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:How to create a mesh
Friday

@Pattyy 

OneMesh and EasyMesh both require a compatible router in order for the extenders to create a mesh network with.  OneMesh the compatible router must be TP-Link and it must support OneMesh.  EasyMesh as it is a standardized protocol can use any EasyMesh router but we would still recommend keeping it within brand for support and compatiblity purposes.  

Once you have one of those you just need to enable the feature from the Router's UI and follow the on screen steps to add Satellite unit. 

Options