Issues with Port forwarding using a X60 Deco with a Quantum Fiber C5500XK

a week ago
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.3 Build 20230406 Rel. 52719

Hello, I've just replaced my old mesh wifi router with a Deco X60. I'm trying to port forward my video system DVR so I can access my security cameras when not in the house. I can see my DVR on the list of devices connected to the Deco X60 and have set up my port forwarding rules that I know work from my previous mesh router. However, when I go to the video system app to see the video feed, it is not able to connect to show the feed.  The router accesses the internet through a Quantum Fiber C5500XK modem. Do I need to ask Quantum Fiber to change any settings on the modem? Or is the issue on a Deco setting? Any guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Issues with Port forwarding using a X60 Deco with a Quantum Fiber C5500XK
Monday - last edited Monday

@TZLpapa 

Hi, 1.0.3 is a quite old version for Deco X60_V4. It is suggested to update to the latest 1.5.5 first:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/deco-x60/#Firmware

After that, Can I have the model number of your DVR device?

I checked Quantum Fiber C5500XK is a fiber modem only without NAT feature and usually, there is no need to change anything on the modem

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:Issues with Port forwarding using a X60 Deco with a Quantum Fiber C5500XK
Monday

@David-TP Thanks! I've just updated to 1.5.5 and the issue persists. The DVR is a LTS device model number: LTN8708-P8. The video system is an NVMS7000.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 78

Replies: 2

Related Articles