Archer AX80 Router Does Not Recognize Laptop's IP Address

неделю назад
Model: Archer AX80  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.6
I am using an Apple iBook 3 laptop running OS9 as an email server on my LAN. It is connected via an Ethernet cable to the router. It works fine with my TP-Link Archer 8 router.

I recently bought a TP-Link Archer AX80 WiFi 6 router. I changed the router on the LAN to the AX80. It works fine except it doesn't recognize the email server. When I ping the email server's IP from a PC, I get a Destination Host Unreachable response.

I tried to use Access Control and entered the email server's MAC address. However, I still could not ping it.

I have been trying to get the email server's IP addressed recognized for days. I have restarted the iBook multiple times and changed its IP address, but it is not recognized. Since I need email, I replace the Archer AX80 with the Archer 8 at the end of the day. This works and I  have access to email.

Any suggestion as to how I can get the AX80 router to recognize the email server's IP address would be greatly appreciated.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer AX80 Router Does Not Recognize Laptop's IP Address
неделю назад

@TomMu 

Been many years since I set up and used a mail server. Some things come to mind.

reserve the MAC address of the PC in the router and restart the router.

Do you need to open and assign some ports? Port forwarding?

The firewall may be causing issues.

I seem to recall something with static address vs dynamic address could cause an issue. 

Options
неделю назад

@ArcherC8 

Thanks for for help.

I will try reserving the MAC address. Hopefully, this will allow the email server to be seen by the router.

I have a number of entries in port forwarding. All point to the email server's IP.

I use a static address for the email server.

The Archer 8 has the same firewall settings as the Archer AX80.

The email server works with my Archer 8 with no problem. Plus, I did not have a server problem when I changed routers to the Archer 8. The Archer AX80 is a different story.

Options
неделю назад

@TomMu ArcherC8. Thanks for your suggestions and help. It turned out that the Ethernet port on the router that I was using to connect the email server was bad. I switched to another port and it works fine.

Options