Devices switched from Main connection to guest connection over night.

2024-09-04 23:18:55
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.2

I recently setup the modem with a main and guest connection. All my devices were connected to the main connection and after connecting them I hid the main connection. I woke up this morning and several apple devices had switched in the middle of the night and were connected to the guest connection. Only one of the devices had the password to the guest connection. The others had never been connected to it. I'm wonder if this is normal or sometimes happens? If hiding the main connection caused it? 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Devices switched from Main connection to guest connection over night.
2024-09-05 00:38:43

@BluJ 

It is the devices that select which network to connect to if there are multiple ones it can connect to.

on your Apple devices, look at your wifi settings and delete (forget) the guest network. 

It is possible that if you used that guest network ssid before and apple still has it in its list.

Also I should point out that Apple published that it is more secure show the ssid than hide it based on how it works. Google it and you will find it. 

Options
Re:Devices switched from Main connection to guest connection over night.
2024-09-05 02:30:08

@ArcherC8 

Thank you for pointing out that is more secure just to let the connections broadcast. I guess I will turn broadcasting back on for it and the IOT connection. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 119

Replies: 2

Related Articles