Issues With Wireless

Issues With Wireless

Issues With Wireless
Issues With Wireless
3 weeks ago
Model: Deco W4500  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 b 20230704

I currently have 3 of these and one outdoor mesh device for my shop. i am planning on connecting it to the wired network but thats not part of my issue.

I have noticed that my devices loose there connection. 

i have two LG oled tv's which when you turn them on one takes about 30 seconds to get its internet access from the network. the other can take minutes to get online. this never occured on my old network which was a single linksys router. devices that rely on the internet to get notifications will not get them sometimes until the device is woken. tablets etc. 

anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this issue with this network its really annoying and if i cant resolve will require me to switch to another device and i have invested quite a bit of money in these + the outdoor mesh device 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Issues With Wireless
3 weeks ago

@Wcooper007 

I might be wrong but it sounds like a similar issue I had. I was having issues with my Samsung TV's until I found out it was the security level and Samsung older TV's don't play nice with WPA3 or WPA2/WPA3.

Is the security set at WPA3? If so try to set it to WPA2 only. Also are the two tv's at 5GHz and not 2.4GHz? 

I no longer have issues with my TV taking tons of seconds to get a signal.

Options
Re:Issues With Wireless
3 weeks ago

@Wi-Fi-25 

If the security level is an issue for some devices, you could as well activate the guest of IOT network on the Deco, and configure a reduced security on that network.  That allows keeping maximum security on the main network.

Options