sudden random disconnects

2024-07-21 02:38:13
Model: TL-SG1005D  
Hardware Version: V8
Firmware Version:

Hello

Ive got a TL-SG1005D 5 port gigabit switch. I have it connected to my PC, PS5, and PS4, and it has worked just fine for awhile until recently. After a few internet outages over the past few days, i would experience an issue when the net came back online every device, but anywhere from 10 minutes to a couple hours just my PC would lose connection. Every other device on Wifi or Ethernet would be just fine, except my PC. Sometimes a restart of the computer would fix it, and other times i'd do an ipconfig dnsflush, renew, release then it would comeback. The last outage which was 2 days ago now the same thing happened except now it keeps going out at random times. Every solution i found would bring it back briefly then it would go out again, and now some of those fixes don't work anymore. Previously windows troubleshooter would say there is no internet connection (which it usually says when the internet is actually out) then it started telling me the Ethernet didn't have a valid IP configuration. Today when it I lost connection the troubleshooter tells me nothing is wrong even though the status says there is no connection.

Sorry for the essay, but google has failed me and it seems i have a very unique issue, that needs a story.

As stated above i did ipconfig /renew, /release, /flushdns

restarted the modem

I also did a few netsh reset commands

my NordVPN has a diagnoses option that does a more comprehensive network reset

I've also ruled out Nord, my web browser, and antivirus (Nordvpn and windows defender)

I've sat there and observed it disconnect with no programs running (haven't tried in safe mode yet)

I checked the settings in the modem and noticed just my PC was set to reserved IP instead of DHCP like everything else, so i switched that thinking I finally found it, but no.

Finally i have plugged my PC directly into the router and so far it's staying connected, which, if it holds may point to the Ethernet switch.

If it is the switch then why, and can it be fixed? I want to avoid having to get a new one.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 105

Replies: 0

Related Articles