Adjusting signal strength

2024-07-13 13:32:29
Model: RE315  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.30

First, I have no idea which Hardware version I have.  The back of the device shoes "VN 1."

I have the RE315 set up and it displays in Tether.  My problem, I think, is a weak signal.  I have the RE315 SSID set as the same as the router.With the RE315 plugged in and 4' away from it, the SSID on my phone shows strong signal.  For reference, with the RE315 unplugged and using only the router at the same spot, the signal is 'weak.'  Going to Tether and calling the RE315, I get "Too far from the router."  It's 22' away through two interior walls.  I've tried to connect two devices, but both complain of weak signal.

DO I have a weak or strong signal?  Can I improve signal strength?  Any tips?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Adjusting signal strength
2024-07-17 10:15:39

@RequiredAlias 

To be easier for you to measure the signal strength I would recommend to set a different SSIDs on the RE315 (SSID_name_EXT for example).

Then you should be able to check the signal strength for individual devices and where they are connected - to the router or to the RE315.

Here some generlal rules on the RE positioning for better reception and performance.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 121

Replies: 1

Related Articles