EasyMesh connection issues

2024-06-29 15:37:13
Model: Archer BE700 Pro  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.6

I added the BE700 Pro to my BE800 (Main Router) as a Satellite EasyMesh device. It is the only EasyMesh device, and there are no other APs besides my Main Router.

I have 2.5Ghz and 5Ghz enabled as a combined SSID. 6Ghz is also enabled.

When I initially set up the BE700 as a satellite, it worked great. Then suddenly, after about 1-2 days, all the devices connected to it said they had no inernet connection (but were still connected to wifi). The BE700 Leds showed an exclaimation point. I tried restarting the BE700 but it always booted back to a exclaimation point.

I tried disabling the EasyMesh network on my main router, which it did, but the BE700 never reset itself to factory defaults like it should have. So I used the reset button in the back to factory reset the router. Once it was back up, I was able to re-enable EasyMesh, and re-add the BE700 as a satellite, and then updated the firmware. It all seemed well. But then the same thing happened again after about 24-48 hours.

I can't tell if it's broadcasting a wireless signal, but I think it is. The BE800 (Main Router) still shows it as connected with full signal. When I restarted the BE700 earlier today, it showed one 6ghz connected to it (and that device did have internet access). 

Is there any other way to debug or repair the easymesh connection without having to dissolve the easymesh network and manually factory reset the satellite? This really seems like a firmware issue, but I'm not really sure what else to check.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 224

Replies: 0

Related Articles