Internet light turns orange or off

Internet light turns orange or off

16 Reply
Re:Internet light turns orange or off
2024-06-13 16:13:59

@Carl 

Odd. As shown in my screen shot it was showing the firmware being up to date.  I went ahead and updated to 1.1.5 with no issues. I'll wait and see if it happens again.  FYI, it's been rock solid since I originally posted on the 10th, so when it happens is completely random.
Thank you for your help!

19be3ee1f4f54eac868679abb3a80e01

Options
2024-06-13 17:46:05

@JordanNB 

That is Odd, i'll look into that on our end.  Please let me know how it goes.  

Options
2024-06-19 19:33:11

@Carl 

Strange. I had no issues since my original post over a week ago. I did update to the latest firmware last Thursday and had no issues until today, almost a week later. I happened to glance down at the router and noticed both the Internet and WAN LEDs were off, despite the fact that I was still connected to my office VPN and still able to browse the web. I attempted to connect to the router's web interface unsuccessfully a few times in the hope that I could view a log, but it always timed out before it was able to load the page. I did try pinging the router, which worked with no issue. (Reply from 192.168.0.2: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=64). I also tried disconnecting the cable to the main router thinking it might reset, but that didn't do anything, so I ended up restarting the AX21.

I have no idea if this unit is still covered under warantee as I puchased it used a little over a year ago. Personally I don't think the unit is defective, but I think there's something else going on that I'm not able to identify as I'm unable to review the logs when this issue occurs.

Options
2024-06-20 14:24:47

@JordanNB 

If the system was working but the LEDs are off it is possible that this feature was somehow enabled.  

5c34d753cc464c8ab532c14b219eff1b

If that is the case, you can disable to have the lights restored.  What we can do to investigate, though, is get you in touch with our engineering division.   They would likely need to provide you with a debug firmware.  These type of firmware capture the logs even when power cycled.  They can then review the data and figure out if there is something that does need to be addressed or if a replacement is needed.   The router carries a 2-year warranty, so you would still be covered. 

Options
2024-06-20 14:57:22

@Carl 

Nope. I never touched the LED settings. The other lights were on, just the Internet and WAN LEDs were off.

1d567b7cee8d46ffa77f6e038ad63262

Options
2024-06-20 23:35:25

@JordanNB 

Okay, do me a favor.  Please reach out to me at ussupportteam@tp-link.com.  I want to get your contact infromation and this thread to engineering so they can investigate further.  

Options
Related Articles