Will Turning Off Smart Connect DIsconnevt any already connected Wifi Devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-03-21 06:09:34
Tags: #smartconnect
Model: Archer AXE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.9 Build 20231115 rel.37295(5553)

I have smart connect on and many devices connected with WiFi

I now started to configure some IP Camera's and find out that these will not connect via WiFi. I am EVERY familar with the configurations so that is not the issue.

I suspect these cameras and smart connect are not compatible.

If I disable smart connect on the router to test my theory - does anyone KNOW if all the other already ok connections will still work, or will I have to visit each one and reconnect to the Wifi network again

At this point I wish smart connect was off my default. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Will Turning Off Smart Connect DIsconnevt any already connected Wifi Devices
2024-03-21 09:06:45

@theMezz 

The point of Smart Connect disabling is to have for 2.4 and 5 GHz SSIDs a different name.

When you disable Smart Connect your SSIDs (2.4 GHZ and 5 GHz) probably would change like:

for 2.4GHz "SSID_name"

for 5GHz "SSID_name-5G"

If you have devices connected to the 5GHz band they will disconnect when you click on the Save button.

You can name the SSIDs the same - "SSID_name", but this would make the Smart Connect disabling pointless.

Another thing you may consider is if the IP cameras are only 2.4 GHz capable to change the wireless mode like this and test:

25ec6e43114b43c49fe4069abda5b359

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-03-21 17:00:38

I did you you suggested and the cams DO WORK

here's the odd thing ... I switched smart mode back on and the cams STILL work.

At any rate your screen capture and idea solved my issues. 

Thank you 

Options
2024-03-22 22:49:59

@theMezz 

With smart connect, your ssid is the same and devices will try to connect to either the 2.4 or 5 which ever gives the best signal. Some devices may try to use 5 when it can only use 2.4. 

I aways turn off smart connect and use different ssids so I can control which devices are on which band. I have my wifi cameras on a 2.4 guest network along with some other devices to islolate them. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 490

Replies: 3

Tags

smartconnect
Related Articles