R router stop working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

R router stop working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
R router stop working
R router stop working
2024-01-03 05:05:32

AC5400 my-mimoTriband gaming router. purchased it in 2019 but now I have to go down to Best Buy and see if I can get a receipt for when I purchased it so disappointing this router was almost $600-$700 was supposed to be one of their best ones and now is not even working and I have to jump through hoops for them to replace it. Not sure I even want to do business with them. I would think twice purchasing anything from TPLink again.

Options
1 Reply
Re:R router stop working
2024-01-03 18:49:42 - last edited 2024-01-03 18:50:25

@CoachAlex 

TP-Link is not in the business of making customers jump through hoops to get replacements, but a few conditions do need to be met. 

1.  TP-Link must troubleshoot the product with the customer.

2.  A manufacturer defect must be determined by support

3.  The product must be within its warranty period as specified in our warranty policy

The Archer C5400 router has a limited 2-year warranty, as does any Archer or Deco series product.  Even if you get a copy of your receipt if it was purchased in 2019 it would be out of warranty and a replacement would not be possible.  Support will work with you to troubleshoot and resolve the concern but if the product is really defective and can only be resolved with a replacement, that is likely not something that will be possible as it is now 2024 which would put the product at least 3 years old and a full year out of warranty. 

Options