BE800 - Wifi issues on 2.4Ghz

BE800 - Wifi issues on 2.4Ghz

24 Reply
Re:BE800 - Wifi issues on 2.4Ghz
a week ago - last edited a week ago

Hi @eousphoros,

I understand we can do some workaround, even reboot the router every day on schedule. I think that's why the "Reboot Schedule" function exists.

This is a very irresponsible approach, pushing features to consumers that cannot solve the underlying problem instead of providing tools to solve it. After all, it is a high-end price-positioned product.

Options
a week ago

Hi @Kevin_Z,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm not looking for a workaround solution, but I hope it's a functional router that functions like a regular product.

As a senior software engineer, I'm sure it's a software problem.

It just happened right now. I can search the BSSID on all my available devices for the 2.4G signal, but it is not connectable. All connected to 2.4G devices are just disconnected.

If I can grab these logs, I'm very willing to provide useful information to improve the product. Otherwise, it's just a useless screenshot.

Cheers.

b7e99c75fb044b01ba161c071c0fc24c

Options
a week ago

@s80275 

i don't know if i would call my changes a workaround. As a software engineer im sure you understand that edge cases exist and im positive networks like ours are not the primary target.

I'm thankful that TP-Link gave us the nobs and functionality tho to enable our use case.

Not so different then tuning a Java jvm or Linux sysctl's. 

s80275 wrote

Hi @eousphoros,

I understand we can do some workaround, even reboot the router every day on schedule. I think that's why the "Reboot Schedule" function exists.

This is a very irresponsible approach, pushing features to consumers that cannot solve the underlying problem instead of providing tools to solve it. After all, it is a high-end price-positioned product.

Options
a week ago

Hi @eousphoros,

I adjusted the settings a few days ago based on your suggestion. However, this does not solve the problem of 2.4G frequency band failure.

The intermittence can be blamed on signal interference, but it is completely unacceptable that the main 2.4G and IoT 2.4G are not working.

Before the new firmware is released, I will use my old Synology RT2600 in AP mode to handle the 2.4G band. (Replacing old equipment is the main reason why I bought BE800)

In the same price range; at least Synology's device allows me to SSH into it to see what's going on.

BTW, I don't think it's possible to tune the JVM or Linux sysctl without profiling and logs.

Cheers.

Options