No Guest Network Visible or Accessible

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-14 20:20:26 - last edited 2023-12-14 20:21:44
Tags: #Guest Wireless
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.12 Build 20231023 rel.42641(5553)

I recently setup an Archer AX73/AX5400 as my main router, and in the process, moved my AX55 to a different part of the house to use in an EasyMesh configuration.  Note that I am using a wired/ethernet backhaul between the two (via AX55 Firmware 1.2.6 Build 20231106 rel.45124).  The main Wifi is setup to both 2.4 & 5Ghz via "Smart Connect," which presents itself to devices as a single SSID.  All of that works fine.

I have also provided friends and family a 2.4GHz network for some time, so I set it up the same on the AX73, as everyone has the Wifi profile in their device (this has always been limited to a 2.4Ghz network). However, nothing can connect to that Guest network, no matter if I remove all security.  Interestingly, even though "Hide SSID" is set to FALSE, there is not one device (laptops, phones, desktops, etc.) that can find or see the SSID.  One Wifi analyzer app seems to see it as a Hidden network (despite the config flag), but as noted, can't connect.  Even sharing the QR code from the config screen directly to my iPhone yields an "Unable to join the network" error.  I have tried enabling the 5Ghz guest network, and that becomes available to other devices, but there is no "Smart Connect" option on the Guest network which means that network gets its own SSID (which would require everyone to change the network settings).

Is there some kind of conflict between EasyMesh and the guest network functionality?  I don't want to break the Mesh to try it out, so am first looking for advice, here.  Thanks!

Options
2 Reply
Re:No Guest Network Visible or Accessible
2023-12-15 00:14:53

@the_p0ssum 

not sure if Mesh is an issue or not. One thing I do after making  router changes is to power cycle it as I have encountered changes that did not  take effect. 

Options
Re:No Guest Network Visible or Accessible
2023-12-19 23:59:59

@ArcherC8 I thought I had rebooted the router since the last changes were made, but I must not have.  But you were/are spot on.  The changes really weren't reflected until I found tim toe Reboot, and since doing so, the Guest network is now broadcasting and available.  Thanks for the "KISS" advice.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 513

Replies: 2

Tags

Guest Wireless
Related Articles