Deco Mesh - Clients Not Handing Off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-04 17:02:14
Model: Deco M9 Plus   Deco W2400  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.12 / 1.5.1

Hello!  

I've had the M9/W2400 mesh setup in my house for a couple years, and after troubleshooting some poor connections I found that I'm not getting any handoff to different APs.  All of my connected devices are connecting to my basement (main) ap, and while the others are online and on 3 different floors (and in an attached garage), nothing connects to those other locations.  Screenshot of the status page below.  I've enabled and disabled Fast Roaming and Beam Forming, tried rebooting the network, forgetting and reconnecting, and the basement is always the preferred connection.  

Any thoughts on making this work better?  I could do an ethernet backhaul if that might help, though that's less convenient.  

Any tips are appreciated!  Thanks!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco Mesh - Clients Not Handing Off
2023-12-05 08:21:51

@Greg_Vvvvv 

Hi, Welcome to the community.

I see your current firmware of Deco M9 Plus is on 1.2.12 and the latest firmware for Deco M9 Plus has been updated to 1.6.2.

It is suggested to refer to method 3 here to update the firmware of Deco M9 Plus to the latest version first:

How to Update the Firmware of Deco

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:Deco Mesh - Clients Not Handing Off
2023-12-05 16:10:21

@David-TP 

Hi David - Thanks for the tip.  That indeed fixed it.  

Seems like something I should have come across in my searches lol.  Too bad the app wasn't able to do that update.  Will future firmware updates be handled through the app correctly, or will I need to manually update in this same way again?  

Thanks! 

Options