How to setup a reverse proxy for my Asustor NAS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-31 08:36:54
Tags: #Reverse Proxy
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.6.2

I am attempting to use Jellyfin through reverse proxy but am a bit lost at the beginning. I was following along this video until this part: https://youtu.be/QDugezceyYk?t=66

Yellow (!) error: Get router information and Obtain port forwarding status

While obtaining port forwarding, certain port forwarding configurations were not successfully enabled. Please check your router settings. (Ref. 5034)

The NAS have a static IP.

The Deco M9 is in router mode with UPnP turned on. When I switched to Access Point mode, I cannot connect to my NAS anymore.

Options
1 Reply
Re:How to setup a reverse proxy for my Asustor NAS
2023-11-01 06:41:28

@Akari 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Do you have another router in the network except for Deco M9 Plus?

You could check it by comparing the IP address on https://whatismyipaddress.com/ and the IPV4 address on Deco APP>More>Internet connection.

If they are different, you might have two routers/DHCP servers in one network. So when the UPNP is enabled on Deco, you might need to check the UPNP settings on the first router.

I see you mentioned trying Access Point mode on Deco, the NAS on a static IP address is no longer accessible. I think it may be related to the IP settings on the NAS. It is used to be in the LAN IP range of Deco but after Deco is in AP mode, it also received IP address from the front ISP router, you might need to change the static IP address on the NAS to be within ISP router's DHCP range.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 848

Replies: 1

Tags

Reverse Proxy
Related Articles