[Win11/desktop PC] "No devices found" when trying to cast PC to TV with Chromecast...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

[Win11/desktop PC] "No devices found" when trying to cast PC to TV with Chromecast...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-25 17:08:21
Tags: #chromecast
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I've got only 1 network (2.4ghz) running, and both my PC, chromecast + the tv the chromecast is connected to are all connected to the S4 network. but nope, i still get "No devices found" on my pc, as if my PC is not even recognizing there is a chromecast... VERY annoying!

How on EARTH do i fix this issue?

I've successfully setup my Chromecast on my TV (2nd gen). I did the whole reset process and completed the setup through the Home app on my mobile. I can cast to my tv with my android mobile, but when I am trying to cast from my desktop PC, I cannot even get the chromecast icon to appear on either Chrome or Brave! Whether it's on youtube or any other media websites.

I tried enabling " Connect to Cast devices on all IP addresses " in chrome://flags, relaunched and even restarted my PC. Still no chromecast.

In brave://settings/extensions , I tried re-enabling "Media Router" and relaunched. Still "No devices found"...

I have no anti-virus stuff running.

I have a mesh system running for my network (2.4ghz), but both the tv, my pc and chromecast are all connected to the network without any problems.

So. How do I fix this? Any suggestions?

Options
1 Reply
Re:[Win11/desktop PC] "No devices found" when trying to cast PC to TV with Chromecast...
2023-10-26 09:17:24

@Winterland 

Hi, You could try to find the IP address of the Chromecast TV on the Deco APP, then ping this IP address on the TV to check the communication:

How to Use the Ping Command

Please temporarily power off other satellite units and leave the main Deco S4 only to see whether it helped.

It is also suggested to refer to the suggestion here: https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/3249268

I think if the Android mobile could cast to TV on Deco's Wi-Fi, the network settings should have no problem.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options