Some 2.4GHz devices won't connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-15 22:37:21
Model: Archer AXE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.8 Build 20230718 rel.47014(5553)

I replaced a Google Nest Wi-Fi mesh network with an Archer AXE75, using the same SSID and password, but many of my 2.4GHz devices refused to connect to it.  I tried resetting some of them to configure them from scratch, and they see the SSID but fail to connect.  I have some cameras and a few Rokus that connect fine on 2.4GHz, but a couple of my Rokus are failing, as are all 8 of my Vesync smart plugs.

I tried separating the 2.4GHz network to a unique SSID, but the same happens.  They see the SSID but fail to connect.  I also tried changing the default security, encryption, channel, and mode settings, but no combination has worked so far.

I purchased an AC1200 and put it into Multi-SSID mode, and the Rokus that couldn't connect to the AXE75 are able to connect to it.  But the smart plugs still won't connect to either one.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Some 2.4GHz devices won't connect
2024-01-05 15:31:45

@kzibart That will be because your devices are not compatible with the WPA3 encryption of tplink Deco, change it to WPA2 in the latter.

Options
Re:Some 2.4GHz devices won't connect
2024-01-05 15:36:24

@Errecatro I ended up hard rebooting the router, and that fixed it.  I have no idea what kind of weird state the router got itself into, but that ended up resolving the issue.  The devices all connected after that, using the original WPA settings and other configuration I had before.

Options