Is router assigning in internal drive letter or what?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-17 03:01:12
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.6 Build 20230526 rel.53018(5553)

8fd0a3380e5340b9ba857497f3efb08e

I've mucked around with this just trying to understand what the router is doing. Here the USB drive shows up as SHARED(G:). Where does the G: come from? It's an NTFS formatted drive in a powered USB 3.0 enclosure. I've tried reformatting as well as deleting the partition and starting from scratch. I already have a G: drive (Google) on my PC. In fact, when I repartitioned it, I specifically told Win 11 to not assign a drive letter. If it did, it would be "I" (eye). It's confusing because I generally map the shared USB drive to Q: for each of the PCs accessing it.

Thoughts?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Is router assigning in internal drive letter or what?
2023-08-18 06:21:47

@RealSkier 

Hello, thank you very much for posting on TP-Link Community.

The "G:" in SHARED(G:) is a drive letter of the router, which is not relevant to your computer, thus the settings when you repartitioned it on the computer will not affect the router drive letter.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 349

Replies: 1

Related Articles