Proton VPN .ovpn file stuck on "Connecting"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-06 18:56:20
Tags: #VPN
Model: Archer AX1800  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.4 Build 20230219 rel.69802(5553)

Hello all

I've made a single successful attempt at setting up VPN Client with a TCP .ovpn file from ProtonVPN shortly after setting up my new AX1800 router a few weeks ago.

After a day or so the Client was stuck on "Connecting".

Since, I have attempted a number of other UDP and TCP .ovpn files and all get stuck on "Connecting".

I have deleted the files and disabled the Client feature and started over. I have rebooted and factory-reset my router to no avail.

Any help is appreciated.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Proton VPN .ovpn file stuck on "Connecting"
2023-08-07 11:10:50

@cypress_ghost 

Hi, you are using OpenVPN Client function, right?

Please refer to this post for troubleshooting: VPN Client is not working

If the problem still cannot be located or solved, please provide required information for following up.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-08-07 21:49:38

@Sunshine 

Yes I'm using that function, which makes it more odd. I have tested the .ovpn files and they work properly. I think i read somewhere about having to snip part of the file but I'm not sure if that's the remedy here...

Options
2023-08-19 18:13:34

@cypress_ghost I'm having the same problem with my AX55 and NordVPN.  I've done all the troubleshooting.  I've been in touch with tp-link 3 times going through every troubleshooting step.  I'm stuck on "connecting" status.  Only difference is that it never worked for me.  This has been the problem since I took it out of the box.  Nothing works.  I'm just going to have to return the router.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1312

Replies: 3

Tags

Related Articles