Main Network to IoT Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-31 02:20:30
Model: Archer AX55   RE230  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.3 Build 20230603 rel.46473(5553)

I have two TP-Link AX55's & 1 TP-Link RE230 in an EasyMesh Network and would like to start using the IoT Networking feature to future proof some security concerns.

The problem is I can not find any information on whether TP-Link's routers are capable of allowing devices on the main network to communicate with devices on the IoT Network.

For example, I would have a printer on the IoT network and be able to wirelessly print to it from my computer on the main network.

Another example would my tv on the IoT network but unable to stream to it from my laptop on the main network.

TDLR: Wish for main network devices to talk to IoT network devices

Options
3 Reply
Re:Main Network to IoT Network
2023-08-01 06:24:50

@poH_ 

Hi, thank you very much for posting on TP-Link Community.

IoT network is not isolated from the main network, unless you add the IoT network devices into the device isolation list on Advanced->Security->IoT Security page.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-08-01 17:03:09

@Sunshine 

I recently put my Blink Camera Systems into the IoT network and when the cameras record something, it sends a live notification to the blink app.

My phone was on the main network and was unable to receive any notifications even when so was walking in front of the camera.

But I don't remember if I put them in device isolations so I will close this sub thread if I am wrong.

Thanks!

Options
2023-08-08 01:52:27
Is it possible to still have the main network communicate with the devices in the Isolation list such as using VLAN IDs to allow such things?
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1147

Replies: 3

Tags

Related Articles