L2TP settings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

L2TP settings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
L2TP settings
L2TP settings
2023-07-20 05:08:52

I'm trying to set up an L2TP connection on my Deco M5 and when I add it as the internet connection type it doesn't show the necessary options. What is see is the username, password, and server IP, however it is missing a field for the preshared key, which is required for use. Is this feature broken or am I missing something?

Options
3 Reply
Re:L2TP settings
2023-07-20 16:13:33

@pearmtn 

Generally speaking an ISP who uses L2TP for the WAN connection type doesn't provide a Pre-share key.  You just need the VPN server.  A username and password are optional.  Can you explain your situation in greater deatail?  Like who is the ISP?  Are you not trying to create a VPN tunnel between two sites?  Etc..

Options
2023-07-20 16:47:07

@Carl thanks for your reply. I'm actually trying to use my router as the client for a VPN that I also run to connect my home network to a private network in the cloud. So this does not involve my ISP. 

Options
2023-07-20 21:52:22

@pearmtn 

Okay then you would not set that on the internet connect section.  Take a look at this FAQ and search for Use VPN Client to Access a Remote VPN Server for a quick view of the section about the VPN Client feature.   Though VPN Client mode is only available on select Decos.  You can check the "This applies to" drop down at the top of the aticle to see what models support VPN client.

Options