LAN bandwidth capped at 8MB/s while Internet bandwidth around at expected ISP limit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

LAN bandwidth capped at 8MB/s while Internet bandwidth around at expected ISP limit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-15 21:48:39
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.11 Build 20230302 Rel. 51700

I tested normal Internet download/upload bandwidth using speedtest as well as other websites, and the numbers allign with my ISP plan ~ 400MB/s.

However, when testing bandwidth locally within the network using Iperf3, I am seeing bandwidth consistently at 10MB/s.

I tested the following 3 scenarios:

Deco Node 1 is set as Wifi Router

Scenario1:

MachineA wifi connected to Deco Node 1, running as Iperf server.

MachineB wifi connected to Deco Node 1, running as Iperf client.

BW= ~8MB/s

Scenario2:

MachineA wifi connected to Deco Node 1, running as Iperf server.

MachineB wifi connected to Deco Node 2, running as Iperf client.

BW= ~8MB/s

Scenario3:

Loopback MachineA to Machine A 

BW ~ 900MB/s

I have also ensured that during test times, no other machines are connected.

Anyone else see similar issues or with suggestions?

Options
4 Reply
Re:LAN bandwidth capped at 8MB/s while Internet bandwidth around at expected ISP limit
2023-05-16 02:30:31

@ccf 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Is the Node 2 Deco XE75 wirelessly connected to  Node 1 via 2.4/5/6ghz backhaul?

Could you please share some screenshots of the iperf test so that I could forward them to the senior engineers for further suggestions?

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
Re:LAN bandwidth capped at 8MB/s while Internet bandwidth around at expected ISP limit
2023-05-16 05:45:57

Hi!

Thank you very much for checking into this.

Node1 and Node2 are using dedicated backhual 6GHz.

The first test in the screenshot is where both iperf3 server (MachineA) and client(MachineB)  are connected to Node1, but Node1 was placed physically further since from both machines due to limitations - resulting to 8MB/s.

Second test in the screenshot is where MachineA is connected to Node1 and MachineB is connected to Node2 - achievei 20MB/s.

image.png

At current time of testing both MachineA and MachineB can achieve 400MB/s via speedtest.

Thank you,

cheah

Options
2023-05-19 09:25:12

@ccf 

Hi, Thanks for the update.

It seems like the pictures are broken could you please send them again via email to support.forum@tp-link.com?

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2023-05-19 16:08:13

@David-TP 

Thank you! - just sent the screenshot again to support.forum@tp-link.com

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 352

Replies: 4

Related Articles