Deco 1.6.0 Firmware Update Added to Select Models! - January 2023

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco 1.6.0 Firmware Update Added to Select Models! - January 2023

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
53 Reply
Re:Deco 1.6.0 Firmware Update Added to Select Models!
2023-03-28 20:04:48

@Riley_S my XE200 satellite won't connect to the main XE200 unit. The app doesn't see it either, and it won't let me downgrade the firmware from the beta firmware. Any ideas?

Options
2023-03-28 23:32:12

@Richardj186; make sure that you are trying to use the most up-to-date firmware when attempting to downgrade; the XE200 had a small update delivered on Friday with some bug fixes. I would assume that if the link for the beta firmware is no longer working, then an official update should be on the way soon. Also make sure that you are following the correct downgrade process, as it must be done via the uboot method.

It is worth noting that the behavior usually only results in not being able to see the Deco in the app, I believe that the Deco is still operating and broadcasting its signal, hence the green light rather than red/yellow.

Options
2023-03-29 00:57:32

@Riley_S I do have the latest firmware. The big problem is all our devices are Apple products and they don't have Ethernet ports; it doesn't help that the satellite LED turns red as soon as I remove the paper clip from the reset button. 

The satellite is broadcasting Wi-Fi, but nothing can connect to it wirelessly. It's kind of weird. 

Options
2023-03-29 01:04:28

@Richardj186 yeah, there is nothing you can do. i've tried everything . they need to send you an updated firmware. i reached out to the email support support.usa@tp-link.com

Options
2023-03-29 01:28:37

@edumorlom I will email them tomorrow. I still don't know how to install the new firmware on it when I've only got MacBooks with no Ethernet ports. 

Options
2023-03-29 01:31:31

@Richardj186 its a tedious process. your main unit should be working fine. u can connect to it wirelessly ans upgrade. then reset the home network, and switch routers so that the satelite is the main unit and update that one wirelessly. does that make sense? the main unit will always work

Options
2023-03-29 01:50:56

@edumorlom it makes perfect sense, and I feel like an idiot. I've done the same thing with eero, and totally forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder, thank you!  ❤️

Options
2023-03-30 16:02:47

@Richardj186 no problem! keep me posted!

Options
2023-04-03 23:56:29

@edumorlom I'm back up and running with the latest non-beta software. Support didn't have a link to any more beta's, and they didn't know when one would be out. The tech said he was surprised there hadn't been a new beta or a final release in the last month. 

Options
2023-04-04 00:11:47

@Dvansan

We do not normally have any insight into what models will receive what features/firmware or when. We know that these features are highly anticipated by users so the goal of the 1.6.0 firmware is to have it brought to as many different models as possible. This is also the reason that the firmware is being rolled out as it is developed for a model.

I would suspect that the firmware would be developed for your specific model soon due to how recently it was released; as far as I am aware, however, the only models that will be launching with these features on the shipped firmware is the newest Wi-Fi 7 models. I will try to provide updates to the community as we see updates on the supported models.

Also, to everyone who finds this post, some Deco's will be jumping to the 1.7.0 firmware instead of 1.6.0 -  which has a few additional optimizations to the added features. We will be able to provide more details as the firmware nears release.

Options