Deco 1.6.0 Firmware Update Added to Select Models! - January 2023

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco 1.6.0 Firmware Update Added to Select Models! - January 2023

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
53 Reply
Re:Deco 1.6.0 Firmware Update Added to Select Models!
2023-02-18 12:22:18

@edumorlom if you don't mind sharing it, I would definitely appreciate it!

Options
2023-02-24 02:42:30
some probability that the new firmware will work on the Deco M4 V2, here in Brazil this model was widely sold.
Options
2023-02-25 13:20:32

@Riley_S Will the Deco X55 V1 ever get the 1.6 firmware or is it limited to 1.2 forever?

Previous announcements seemed to suggest that Deco X55 would be able to implement a separate IOT network but it is not included in the latest 1.2 firmware.

Options
2023-02-27 17:23:47

@FritzM

There may be a reason that some of the features were released under the guise of 1.2 rather than 1.6. We haven't heard any plans to not bring the features to specific models, and as far as we know, the features are being released as they are developed for models. After the firmware releases for these features begins to slow, our team will be able to start looking into specific models and asking around for potential release dates of features. As it stands, new firmware is being released every week to more deco models, making it difficult to seek information regarding one model.

There is the possibility of a version not getting all of the features if the unit is not powerful enough to support the feature, such as not having enough internal antennas to support the guest, main, and IoT networks simultaneously. Unfortunately, the only way to know what features the models are receiving is to check for updates and read the patch notes. The X55 is a pretty common model and it will no doubt be one of the first models that we will ask for if it doesn't receive a feature.

Options
2023-02-27 17:27:19

@Lincoln,

I would recommend checking your regional site for both updates and available patch notes. I would assume that your device will receive the update as it rolls out, but it may be different from region to region. We only have information regarding models released in the United States.

Options
2023-02-28 00:05:12

@Riley_S 

I understand, here in Brazil, versions V2 and V3 of the devices were heavily sold, and now version 4 is entering the market. All units sold in Brazil are American, as I say this because the unit comes with a service label from the United States of America. I believe that if there is an update to version 2, it will work perfectly on these devices.

Options
2023-02-28 00:11:02

@Lincoln,

lol, if they are labeled as being US models, then they would most likely follow our updates; as long as they were released in the US also. The features in the firmware are still in their early testing phase and features may be added or removed as it is developed for more models. For now, all we can do is keep an eye on the patch notes for the devices to see if an update is made available for a compatible hardware version. 

Options
2023-03-28 16:53:18

@edumorlom I'm also having the same issue.  XE200 satellite has green light but it shows disconnected in the app and web UI; using the latest version of the Deco app for iPhone. Do you still have that updated beta?  

Options
2023-03-28 16:55:42

@Richardj186 Hey, unfortunately the link they shared expired and no longer have access to it.

Best,

Eduardo

Options
2023-03-28 17:23:33

@edumorlom thanks for trying. Was there a specific support phone number you used to reach support for the beta?

Richard

Options