Deco 1.6.0 Firmware Update Added to Select Models! - January 2023

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco 1.6.0 Firmware Update Added to Select Models! - January 2023

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
53 Reply
Re:Deco 1.6.0 Firmware Update Added to Select Models!
2023-05-26 09:53:16 - last edited 2023-05-26 10:01:13

@afazio I think you should read again, it explicitly states about different hardware versions, which is what I am talking about. There is probably some chip different due to regulations in other parts of the world. I just think it's quite baffling they're upgrading HARDWARE version 1 of the devices but not version 1.2. Which is what I am talking about, not the firmware itself. (Normally Vx.0=Vx.6/Vx.8 (eg:V1.0=V1.6/V1.8);   Vx.x0=Vx.x6/Vx.x8 (eg:V1.20=V1.26/V1.28)  this this explanation about the firmware versioning and release naming convention by itself raises quite some flags for me, but I hope it's just some regulation or privacy thing here in EU why they're not really rolling out, otherwise I think it's quite messed up.

Deco X50(EU)_V1_1.2.2 Build 20230301  <<< Is for HW v1 not v1.2.

Although, if I understand correctly when they're getting to a release near FW version 1.2.6 they should roll out for Deco X50 V1.2 (FW 1.2.6, but at this point I'm not sure at all).

What I meant to say is, if I had the time and was willing to brick one of the satellites and void warranty of it: I could compare the firmware version 1.2.2 for Deco x50 V1 and try to force it that way into the Deco x50 v1.2. Or maybe figure out

You're missing the point I was making, some features I need aren't in the specific version of HARDWARE and I could probably fix it, but there is a huge potential I brick the device to a point of not being able to restore it.

So I think I might return them while I still have a window to return them and just go for a better model/set instead. I do quite like the ease of installation, I wasn't amazed by the limitations of the device, but they seem to be quite reliable just not through dense concrete walls but that's to be expected with midrange devices anyway. And in this state, I really need to be able to select a node in priority due to the layout of this house and currently not in a position to get a guy pull some cables around. I was considering just leaving a cable exposed until there is such time, but I figure it would make my OCD trigger

But I was in a hurry and needed something oké with good coverage due to private issues, so I didn't give myself the time to do the research I normally would for such devices.

Options
Re:Deco 1.6.0 Firmware Update Added to Select Models!
2023-05-30 09:35:24

I join all requesting update for v1.2. There is no way, in many case, to buy specific hw version so I expect to find the same functions in v1.2 and not to see that only v1 is correctly updated. Any idea about release time of signal source selection's function on x50 v1.2?

Now I have a mixed deco lan with M4 and X50 and M4 are up to date with a lot of new features and X50 stucked on an old firmware.

Options
Re:Deco 1.6.0 Firmware Update Added to Select Models! - January 2023
2023-07-26 07:19:17

@Riley_S M4 v3?

Options