Votes

Archer AX11000 & all other oneMesh products must have ethernet backhaul

Votes

Archer AX11000 & all other oneMesh products must have ethernet backhaul

22 Reply
Re:Archer AX11000 & all other oneMesh products must have ethernet backhaul
2024-01-17 08:21:59
Is there any update on this? I’m trying to decide on whether to buy a second tp link router, and having my ax11000 available to act as a wired mesh would is a major plus in that decision.
Options
2024-01-26 08:52:37

@Riley_S 

Do you have more updates on this software update?

I want to use my ax1100 with a BE550/BE900 and a REX715X. But, lack of easymesh support for the ax1100 is pushing me to go to a different brand to build my in home 2.5gb/10gb home network. 

Can you please provide an update? 

Riley_S wrote

@heartspeace,

To start off, the AX11000 is still planned to receive the feature and is listed on easymesh compatibility page: https://www.tp-link.com/us/easymesh/product-list/

Compatibility is still in the works, and our team is not quite sure why it disappeared from the compatibility page for a few days. These firmware updates are still rolling out and there are other models that are still waiting on the compatability update.

We have gotten in touch with our development team and have confirmed that the feature is still in development for the model. However, I do have to mention that we do always recommend making purchases based on the models current feature set - there is always the possibility that the feature will hit a few speedbumps (although this is usually the case with more basic devices)

Is there somewhere else that says that the AX11000 will not receive the update?

Options
2024-01-26 22:55:44

@jerryeight,

I will need to reach out to the teams to see if there is an update, as I have not come across any updates on this topic since the model was readded to the page for planned support. Right now, stability updates are being brought to other Archers and REs regarding their wired backhaul, so I assume that the more niche models such as the gaming router would come after we see a wider rollout of ethernet backhauls on regular AX series routers. 

Small thing as a stopgap, with the Wi-Fi 7 Routers at the head of your network, you will still be able to establish the easymesh network with your RE and use the AX11000 in AP Mode with a wired connection for now. While not a true mesh due to the AX11000 not being a part of it, you will still have a better experience than having the devices in their default mode, and your devices should be able to choose which network to connect to efficiently.

Options
2024-05-22 07:11:50 - last edited 2024-05-22 07:13:22

@Riley_S to confirm your stopgap.. to make your TP-Link AX11000 router work alongside your TP-Link RE with ethernet backhaul you want users to disable the router portion of the TP-Link AX11000 router and use DIFFERENT router to control both your TP-Link devices?

I am confused and also extremely annoyed as, like other customers, we have been waiting for this ethernet backhaul feature to work for a long time...

Specifically in the case of myself, when the RE705X was released I was specifically upsold this model by TP-Link support that the RE705X would work WITH ethernet backhaul with my AX11000 ... now hundreds and hundreds of dollars spent on TP-Link hardware and years wasted waiting for promised firmware upgrades we don't appear to be any closer to a solution while technology is passing by at the speed of light.

Options
2024-05-28 22:27:50

@Riley_S 

It disappeared again from the "PLANNED" page. https://www.tp-link.com/nl-be/easymesh/product-list/

Have you guy's shot it down permanently or what is going on here? 

Options
2024-05-31 09:41:56

@Riley_S 

Any update here?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Options
2024-06-08 06:49:09

@Riley_S It has been more than a year and still no news on the Easymesh support.  And as of 3 weeks ago the Ax11000 is not on  the list anymore... Is it still being planned?

Options
2024-07-10 12:49:24 - last edited 2024-07-10 12:49:50

@Riley_S I am wondering if there is current information on this subject. The AX11000 is not on the list again.

Options
2024-07-10 17:11:18

@Bob_A @Riley_S 

Last time I couldn't find it and I think it was not on there until the list was updated. I'm not sure what transpired but I went over every bit of that page that I could find and I couldn't find a link to other products nor could I find that product even listed. Based upon this and the following to say:

It's been over 1 year since the subject has been broached, when you're in 2 months I believe and no word of whether it's on the status list of planned, implemented, as Riley said these for the only two options. Obviously it's not implemented.

Logically speaking as somebody who's been in such companies before, the answer isn't as simple as customers want it we need to do this. Everything from budget to available Personnel to planned future products to vacations and babies come into this.

But that's not what was represented to us a year or so ago.

AS SUCH;

This product is coming to a point where it's going to be orphaned.

P

} 've been keeping track of this thread and I feel that tp-link must answer this question as it's been too long until now, as time is slipping into Wi-Fi 7 territory. 

It's almost like the company investment management is writing off this device and focusing on devices that are coming out next next year. Thus focusing on future profits versus promises to customers, even if the language just change too oh we aren't promising this, after it was already on the page as planned. And talked about on this thread.

I'm extremely disappointed in typically management and Corporation at this point for not only poor communication but lack of a deliverable that was from what I could tell here promised to us. I'm sure they would disagree with the word promise. That's what management does, focus on profit versus customers.

Not a smart play when so many things Wi-Fi 7 will be coming out and this will be the last company I turned to if they don't hold up their promises with this device, letting customers of it that bought it language for over a year in hopes that it would be able to be integrated. Now with Wi-Fi seven, those hopes are all but killed. They must do something to tell us the truth.

And soon.

There's planned project obsolescence and then there's being the worst type of people or company IF this is the case. 

I'm hoping that it's NOT. I expect more from this company and if it doesn't deliver then how can I trust it in the future with any other product? I can't. If they will orphan a product, I can do the same thing with future purchases and have lots of decos I'll be returning in short order otherwise. I need to know something in the next 7 days or one company is about to get a lot of returns.

I guess we will see in very short order with this company is made out of. After that I wouldn't really expect anything out of this company and it's long term support with be there right there with Radio Shack. Who? Exactly. Modern day? Try getting Google to fix Google home products. They just keep on breaking more and more things.

You can't trust ANY company that doesn't DELIVER..

It's really seems like TP Link doesn't  even have any staff other than maybe a project manager, and they took 10 minutes where it's one link on a chart somewhere buried on his computer or her computer, assigned to this program yet probably not even a schedule.

I don't see tp point here in angering a lot of loyal a lot of customers.

Wi-Fi 7 will be optional for some time as most people don't need it,  but it will be on major computers next year because Microsoft and Hardware vendors are once joined again in forcing and pushing all new hardware and software by introducing and requiring other features by killing  Windows 10. My October next year you will have to have a new piece of Hardware with TPM 2.0 and other features, in order to run is safe Windows 11, as Windows 10 will be abandoned.

Most people computers would work just fine for years to but they're doing this in the name of security, Ashley the government is probably involved as well.

Microsoft has done this before with harder dealers and they forced people, with no option, to move to new computers even though the old ones were fine at the time. And truth it wasn't bad then because Hardware was following Moore's law. Wi-Fi 7 will be thrown in into the mix just as part of one of the hardware features that people must have and are dying to have. ( end  sarcastic sentence). 

They're not.

Tp-link is at a juncture where Wi-Fi 7 is going to be the last hurrah for some time as even most customers with Wi-Fi 6e, most people just won't need the speeds.

What they need is a fast, and I'm congested network, that doesn't compete with your neighbor's Wi-Fi systems with unreliable performance, this is why I prefer network backhand over ethernet. It's also a lot more secure than anything wi-fi. Modest improvements at best with this and crowded neighborhoods.

Furthermore the cost versus benefit ratio for wifi 7 is out of most people's reach and as inflation goes up most people are just trying to afford groceries in this economy. Prices are so Sky High and they're not going to come down with cheap labor coming into the country, illegally.

But does TP link care? You already bought the product. Do they make more money from you if they fix one product to be compatible with the others? No. They can lose a lot of trust though if they don't.

Common Sense questions to ask when evaluating this

When was a major firmware upgrade that was last released for this product? If it's been a long time and they're still not delivering on their major firmware updates or even the simple and already coded for other products, in simple mesh software to be compatible with their other mesh products that they are releasing and have released that are,, compatible now .

I have a whole bunch of decos that are going back based upon misrepresenting this  product.

SAD TIMES 

Options
2024-07-16 13:21:18
What's the update? Is this axed or not? I have dozens of products to return otherwise.
Options

Voters 12

+ 8 Voters