Slow Wi-Fi speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Slow Wi-Fi speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Slow Wi-Fi speeds
Slow Wi-Fi speeds
2022-12-01 03:57:39

Good evening hopefully someone can shed some light on my problem.

I have a Att fiber my Modem/ Router is the Bgw 320-500

i bought two XE-75 Pro 

I was finally able to setup both Decos using Ethernet backhaul 

On the Bgw I was able to put into pass through and turned Wi-Fi off 

I entered the MAC address from the main Deco into the pass through I'm now able to get on the internet.

Problem is even with my IPad right next to the main deco which is hardwired to my Bgw I barely get 85meg down.

Ive tried other wireless devices and it doesn't matter if I use the main deco or the second one I installed in another location.

Even before I added the second Deco I made a temporary network which only had my iPad on it and speeds didn't change .

I don't know what's left to check any ideas would be appreciated I don't want to use the Att extender 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Slow Wi-Fi speeds
2022-12-01 18:35:34

@AdamP10835,

What speeds are you paying to receive from your ISP?

I would first look to ensure that the QoS settings are set to or above the expected speeds, as this could potentially affect the overall connection.

If you plug a PC directly into your modem and test the speed, do you experience the same speeds without the Deco?

You could try another ethernet port on your Deco Node, as the other gigabit ports can also be used for a WAN connection, not just the 2.5Gbps port.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 557

Replies: 1

Related Articles