Votes

Introduce WireGuard VPN through firmware updates + VPN client mode to routers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-28 18:12:28 - last edited 2023-01-05 17:38:55
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I subscribe to and fully support DaSmith request dated 2022-02-24.

Tp-Link correctly answers him saying that the Archer also accesses VPN, yes, tru, but forgets the essential: the Wireguard VPN is much, much faster and better for smooth surfing.

Like DaSmith I ask you to make and software effort to access the Wireguard protocol from the router.

Thank you

Options
4 Reply
Re:Introduce WireGuard VPN through firmware updates + VPN client mode to routers
2022-11-29 23:26:04

@Jesus-C,

VPNs have grown a great deal over the past few years, and as a result, we have seen an increase in demand for alternative VPN options. I have no idea, unfortunately, what goes into the development process for adding a new VPN protocol to the hardware/firmware; however, we did hear that our development team is looking into the requests, and I would assume even more so now that some providers have started to phase out the oldest protocols.

I will try to see if I can find any updates on the topic, but I would not be too hopeful for a status update as we aren't made aware of feature updates like this until closer to the release. Either way, I will forward the request again, so that it does not fall off the radar of the developers.

Options
RE:Introduce WireGuard VPN through firmware updates + VPN client mode to routers
2022-11-30 01:22:07
I support this recommendation completely, for my AX55. Please enable wireguard support as soon as possible.
Options
Re:Introduce WireGuard VPN through firmware updates + VPN client mode to routers
2022-12-22 09:05:23

Hello @Jesus-C 

I'm happy to inform you that we have provided beta version of firmware for Archer AX55 V1, which adds the long-waited WireGuard VPN Client & VPN Server, IoT network and many new features now. You can install it on your AX55 to connect to the VPN server now.

Visit this thread to get the beta firmware:

WireGuard VPN Firmware for Archer AX55

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer AX55V2 Supports WireGuard VPN, EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, IoT Network, Speed Limit,and More If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-01-04 09:08:49

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you very much

Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 1653

Replies: 4

Voters 3