KS230 V2 - Not Going Well Keep An Eye Open

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-11 23:27:58
Model: KS230 KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Support:

Suggest you keep on eye out for product issues here.  Things aren't looking great so far.  Of the two devices I've ordered:

1)  One delivered was actually a V1

2)  Another was missing the MAC stickers on the front of the switch

3)  The V1 replacement failed immediately.   Won't stop passing power from the main.  Yes, it's wired correctly.  The SSR seems failed "on".   Satellite seems OK, hard to be sure.

That's not much of a success story.  

Options
2 Reply
Re:KS230 V2 - Not Going Well Keep An Eye Open
2022-11-15 19:53:24

@dafish,

Everything in our Internal Documents indicates that when the light is on and cannot be controlled by the device, there is a problem somewhere in the wiring of the switches. Since it ended up being a V1, make sure that the travelers are correctly lined up on both units. Otherwise, make sure that all the connections are secured and correct, as it isn't uncommon for a wire to be pulled loose in the process.

Are there any LED indicators on the switch?

Also, Make sure you have updated the firmware for your device as the KS230Kit v1 received many firmware updates over time.

Options
Re:KS230 V2 - Not Going Well Keep An Eye Open
2022-11-15 20:44:08

@Riley_S 

The bad unit was a V2.  I'd sent the V1 back.

Nope, nothing wrong with wiring.  The SSR in the primary had apparently failed.  It would program, even respond to commands via the app.  But despite that "response" it didn't actually do anything.  wouldn't dim, wouldn't turn anything off.   

Replaced it, worked correctly with no further changes.

Yes, it was updated.

Is what it is, hopefully I'm not representative of others experiences.

All the best,

-d

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 286

Replies: 2

Related Articles