TP-Link WPA4220 V1.20 cannot find in wifi list of devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-07 13:40:57 - last edited 2022-11-08 00:53:08

Hey guys, my WPA4220 wifi extender which I bought years ago is acting up. One day it randomly stopped connecting to the wifi so I did a factory reset using the pin. Now, after I tried to pair it again with my router using the WPS button, I cannot find the adapter at all using multiple devices. I can't connect my laptop to the adapter due to the lack of eternet port. 

Any ideas on how to fix this? 

Options
2 Reply
Re:TP-Link WPA4220 V1.20 cannot find in wifi list of devices
2022-11-07 19:28:58 - last edited 2022-11-08 00:53:08

@aaron5566,

Were you able to set up with the WPS button? What is the status of the lights on the adapter?

If the bottom light is off, there is no network being broadcast by the adapter, and you would need to try the WPS setup again. WPS can be finicky, especially when trying to perform Wi-Fi cloning over longer distances. 

Unfortunately, many of our older devices don't support the Tether App, and are really meant to be configured through a web interface. If you can get the device to broadcast an SSID, even if it is not a clone of your current network, you should be able to connect to the Powerline adapter through a direct wireless connection.

Options
Re:TP-Link WPA4220 V1.20 cannot find in wifi list of devices
2022-11-08 00:59:54

@Riley_S The Home button is on and the Wifi LED is always blinking. I have tried to use the WPS button on my router to pair again and according to the manual, the Wifi LED will blink slowly then solid then it should be complete. It does that but none of my devices can find the SSID. I paired it next to my router so I don't think it's a range thing. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 322

Replies: 2

Related Articles