Deco M5 disconnects at weekly intervals

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-24 13:45:58
Tags: #disconnection
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.6.0 Build 20220525 Rel. 48298

I been having a weird issue the last couple of weeks. I have a deco m5 setup connected to a SB8200 with xfinity. 

Deco connection has been solid for over 3 years now, except for the past two weeks. The modem will be online, but the deco would not recognize that it is active. 

Rebooted the deco network and everything worked fine. A week later on the same day (Monday), deco network was showing offline. Modem was active. I rebooted just the main deco this time (connected to the modem) and everything went back to normal. 

I logged in to the modem, and uptime indicated that the device was active for 7 days (since last reboot).

Can provide the log if necessary.

If you're not rowdy, you're not a router.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M5 disconnects at weekly intervals
2022-10-25 06:52:41

@RowdyRouter 

Hi, if it was always on the same day that Deco lost connection, I think the internet service was under maintenance at that time but somehow, when the modem was fully recovered, Deco did not. you could try the following suggestions to see whether it is helpful or not:

1. update to the latest 1.6.1 firmware. I see you are on 1.6.0 and there is a newer version on their sites:1.6.1 Build 20220818

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/deco-m5/#Firmware

2. enable WAN Unicast on the web UI:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/kb/detail/412520 (it is at the bottom.)

Options
Re:Deco M5 disconnects at weekly intervals
2022-10-25 20:21:45

@Heidi_Alp 

what does Wan Unicast do exactly? As for the firmware, I see it on the forums page, but it hasn't shown up in the app?

If you're not rowdy, you're not a router.
Options