multi ssid on Deco xe75

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

multi ssid on Deco xe75

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
multi ssid on Deco xe75
multi ssid on Deco xe75
2022-10-12 03:14:35
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have security cameras that can only use 2.4ghz.  They won't find the wifi, possibly because the Deco uses the same ssid for both 2.4 and 5ghz.  I've turned off the 5ghz to test but that still doesn't help. 

Is there something I'm missing about how to set up separate ssid for each band?

Options
3 Reply
Re:multi ssid on Deco xe75
2022-10-12 16:42:49

@NextForumName

Unfortunately, there is no way to create separate SSIDs for the different bands on the network.I would recommend setting up the guest network on your Deco, as this is usually the 2.4Ghz band, if your cameras are that persistent on not connecting.

However, if you have turned off the 5Ghz band and the devices are still not able to connect, I think that there may be a different problem as the cameras should have no problem connecting whatsoever, once the 5Ghz band is turned off

Options
2022-10-12 18:06:42

@Riley_S 

Riley_S wrote

@NextForumName

Unfortunately, there is no way to create separate SSIDs for the different bands on the network.I would recommend setting up the guest network on your Deco, as this is usually the 2.4Ghz band, if your cameras are that persistent on not connecting.

However, if you have turned off the 5Ghz band and the devices are still not able to connect, I think that there may be a different problem as the cameras should have no problem connecting whatsoever, once the 5Ghz band is turned off

Thanks.  I guess some possible downsides to having the Guest network on indefinitely would be additional signal interference and maybe in concept another point of vulnerability to the system. 

Options
2022-10-13 00:31:29

@NextForumName,

Technically Speaking, yes these are the downsides of enabling another network. When the decos operate in router mode, they are able to have the same firewall and security features as the main network does. With the advanced channel selection that happens with the Decos, I would not be surprised to find out that the deco network avoids interference by accommodating for the additional network.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2276

Replies: 3

Related Articles