AX73: Router changes IP if I set the dns to local resolver

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-10 21:53:41 - last edited 2022-05-10 23:56:35
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.2 Build 20220317 rel.50456(4555)

I recently acquired the AX73 model and it has one issue that is a bit frustrating.

I do not want to use my ISP dns and I need to use my own resolver that is present inside the network. This resolver gets the dns record via DoH from Cloudflare.

I have associated ip 172.16.0.1 for the router.

When I try to go to Advanced->Network->Internet->Advanced Setting->Primary DNS and set the ip of my resolver to 172.16.0.11, the router changes its IP back to 192.168.0.1 and displays a message that in order to avoid IP conflicts, IP of router has been changed(which is not the case).

How can this issue be solved?

Options
1 Reply
Re:AX73: Router changes IP if I set the dns to local resolver
2022-05-18 11:41:20

Hello @xistense 

You can configure this local DNS server under Network > DHCP Server:

It's currently not allowed to set a DNS server within the local network in the Internet settings, but the developers have been made aware of this request and they will consider improving it in the future.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1075

Replies: 1

Related Articles