Fix it or you will face Concecuenses period

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-01 23:04:59
Model: Archer C8  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 3.15.27

The reason all this people are having issues with their archer c8  is because tp-link locked the firmware update on this router and you are able to update firmware the front led lights issues is related to a firmware bugs &glitches. At this point was talking to my lawyer to file a settlement lawsuit  but I need more people to collect proof and file a complaint to tp-link customers services.   BUILD.140823 Rel.56407n     this router still being sold on Amazon and many retailer store this is a big Security Issues I own multiples tp-link devices but this one I cant even update to the latest firmware  I currently Have 3 of this router in service in my house I Purchased on Amazon and best buy if my network gets compromised          TP-LINK corporation/inc will be responsible period

Options
1 Reply
Re:Fix it or you will face Concecuenses period
2022-05-02 16:59:20

@Spartan06 

Hello Spartan,  

To start we must mention that your particular router is end of life, and has been for sometime.  The Archer C8 V1 was EOLd at the end of 2016 when the V2 was cut in.  Once a product is EOLd development of future firmware is ended, unless a known bug or security concern comes up. To this point we do not know of any.  Addressing your immediate concern about the firmware being "locked"  The only locks you may encounter is regionally based where you can't install another region's firmware.  Hardware based where you can't install a different version's firmware for instances a V4's firmware can't go on your V1. Or a downgrade lock.  Sometime to keep a router form being exposed to a bug a lock will be placed to prevent downgrades to lower/less secure firmware.  You are on an old firmware, even for your router so please use this link to download the last firmware released for your product.

Options