Weird results on a work VPN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-12 17:12:35
Model: Archer AX1800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.5 Build 20211231 rel.63562(5553)

Here is a mind boggler for those of you that are better at networking than I am. 

For my work computer we need to use Pulse Secure VPN, when I connect via Wired (new Cat 6 cable directly to the router) or via WiFi, I constantly get dropped connections every 1 minute and 50 seconds. 

If I connect my work laptop via my Guest Network, it works perfectly fine on Pulse Secure VPN. 

I cannot figure out why this is? 

I have had spectrum come to my house and check the line and they said that the incoming signal is perfectly where it should be and they detect no drops at all.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Weird results on a work VPN
2022-03-14 09:44:16

Hello @dkfusion, thank you for reaching out to us, and welcome to the TP-Link community.

Can you please provide the network layout that how is the AX1800 connected to the network, and where is the Pulse Secure VPN server, where is the work computer also? Are you using the VPN Client feature on the AX1800?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-03-14 11:57:54

@Kevin_Z 

Hi, 

Here are my 2 network diagrams that I have tried. 

de354cb3abee4c65bee654e2636898d0

I have no clue where the Pulse Secure VPN server is located as the placet that I work for owns it. 

The work computer is 50 feet away from the router. The Cable modem is 10 feet away from the incoming cable line to my house, and the router and the switch are by it. 

I used to have the VPN Client feature enabled for other devices, but disabled it as I noticed that traffic was coming from my ISP and not going thru the VPN. 

Options
2022-03-15 02:07:36

Very detailed network diagram, thank you. @dkfusion 

To assist and figure it out efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 524

Replies: 3

Related Articles