Do I need HomeShield Pro?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-02 20:29:33
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello:

I recently purchase the AX73 (Archer 5400) router. So far, I'm very happy with its performance and features, except for the HomeShield Pro subscription. IMO, that fee is ridiculous -- this is just tp-link trying to squeeze more money out of their customers. I don't understand why they didn't simply bundle the HomeCare product with these routers like they are with many of their other routers.

Anyway, I'm trying to decide if there's any security feature in the HomeShield Pro that I really need. I don't care about Parental Controls, Reports, and so on. But, I may want the "IoT Device Security" and/or the "Port Intrusion Prevention" if someone can tell me what those two features offer.

I look forward to your input and help. I need to decide if I'm going to keep it and run with just the basic (non-paid) HomeShield, or send the product back. 

Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 52

Views: 3261

Replies: 0

Related Articles