Votes

Device bandwidth usage reporting

Votes

Device bandwidth usage reporting

76 Reply
Re:Device bandwidth usage reporting
2024-08-25 23:57:53
Yea I bought these about a month ago to replace my google pucks that kept disconnecting. These have been so much better relaizbility wise, but ti's SUPER disappointing that a very basic feature like data usage at the device level still isn't available. It's been requested at least 4 years ago from what I can tell. I don't understand the trepidation. Who's the product owner for this?!?!
Options
RE:Device bandwidth usage reporting
2024-08-25 23:59:45
This is an absolute need. This should be way past consideration and part of the original build that was deployed. This is very basic functionality.
Options
2024-08-27 09:11:27
basic data useage, how can it not be there already?
Options
2024-08-28 13:57:49

Yes please add this so important now can't belive it's not already available. 

Options
2024-08-28 14:16:43

@winybulldogge 

It's been a year since I bought those Deco units. I've been dutifully checking more and more comments in this thread of users having the same issue and being shocked that something that is expected functionality is still not available. This is not a nice-to-have feature either, the inability to pinpoint the offending device has a real financial cost because most ISPs have usage limits and overage charges. I think there's a fundamental misunderstanding of how your consumers respond to a lack of this feature. This isn't an inconvenience, you are literally messing with people's money. And one thing I learned in my many years of managing people is that you never mess with people's schedule and their money, because they react on a visceral level. 

In a recent work slack discussion of home internet setup Deco came up as one of the options and I couldn't have responded NO any faster. I don't even care about the cost of replacing my home setup with that of another brand, I am just waiting for a break in my schedule so I can have the time to reset all of my smart home devices.

Options
2024-08-28 15:25:23

I first commented on the lack of the feature we're discussing near the head of this thread and like @winybulldogge, I have been watching it with a hope that someone from TP-Link might engage in the dialogue.  It seems clear that TP-Link has no interest in using these forums (hosted in their name space) to inform their engineering / product management devisions.

Well, perhaps they might use this thread to inform their sales forecasts and marketing decisions!

I AM VERY UNLIKELY TO CONSIDER PURECHASING TP-LINK NETWORK EQUIPMENT EVER AGAIN.

(That position is also likely to inform the recommendations I provide to my clients who consult me about purchasing networking equipment.)

I am tolerant of companies that bring products to the market early without features that are highly desirable.  However, these companies only get a reasonable time to actively engage in dialogue and listen to theior customer-base before they lose credibility.  If they don't care about their customer-based, then how can I be sure they take information security and product patching seriously?

This has not only affected my opinion of TP-Link equipment, but also of related products such a Tapo devices.

@TP-Link - if this is your handle, then please respond.

Yours sincerely,

Richard Bradley (linkedin rmbradley)

P.S.  Might I get more attention by posting on LinkedIn?  My most recent posting on LinkedIn had 37.5K impressions.

Options
2024-09-03 14:48:04

@winybulldogge Definitely about to send mine back to Amazon. While they work well the back end functionality and reporting (rather lack there of) is enough to let me pick a different brand. Over a year and TP link not even addressing the issue is very odd and does not lend for me having faith in the brand or its products. It's been real, TP Link. ✌🏽

Options
2024-09-05 19:48:36
Also agree that this is a must especially with data caps. I upgraded from the original Google WiFi which had the ability to see data usage per device over a given amount of time. That can be really beneficial when trying to track down a device that may have an issue
Options
2024-09-06 20:57:21

Still waiting on this basic feature !

Options
2 weeks ago

This is really bad. Such a basic feature missing. And years without reaction. Shame. 

Options

Voters 70

+ 66 Voters