Deco AP or OneMesh Range Extenders

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-08 21:46:00
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, so I am looking for some suggestions on my network. I currently have an AX11000 and two deco x68s in AP mode.  My Ax11000 is in the basement and connected to a CM2000 cable modem.  I have ethernet ran to the next floor where i have the main x68 hard wired.  I would venture to guess it's about 30' from the ax11000.  The other x68 is on the second floor.

i have noticed that my wireless devices are getting less than 100mbps in speed tests.  I shut off smart mode and isolated the 2.4ghz network so that only the 5ghz would be used by my phone and ipad.  However i am still getting slow wireless speeds.  Even standing right next to the ax11000 i get slow wireless.  

i am not sure if the devices are overlapping and the signal has interferance.  Or is this becuse i have the decos set in AP mode?  Do they not work in mesh when in AP?  I am wondering if i should get a couple of the onemesh range extenders instead of the x68 deco units.  With the ax11000, do I even need the decos?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco AP or OneMesh Range Extenders
2021-12-09 02:22:31

@FrostTrunks 

Hi, since standing next to AX11000, you still have a slow speed and I think it might be not related to the access point on Deco X68.

(Deco could still work in the mesh when in AP mode.)

How much wireless speed you could get from 5Ghz of AX11000?

Any chance that you could unplug the AX11000, connect the X68 to the ISP modem and work as a wireless router, and only test the speed of the Mesh Wi-Fi?

And May I know who is your internet service provider?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 353

Replies: 1

Related Articles